Wednesday, April 10, 2013

S E A S O N S




















This is my friend Cassie. She's a senior in high school with a heart of gold. We've known each other for quite a while now, and I always find myself smiling or laughing or joking around when we're together. She's a leader, a prayer warrior, a young person with a lot of wisdom already, a dancer, and a beautiful girl. As I was editing up these photos I was thinking about all of the good memories I've made with so many people, including Cassie, over the past few years. Honestly, I've taken a lot of those moments and a lot of those people for granted. Sometimes I forget to just enjoy things and enjoy the people I have in my life instead of focusing on where I'm going/the future. The lifestyle of success-driven, goal-oriented, and being a "doer" is encouraged in our society, but sometimes I think life would mean more if the time to enjoy seasons and the people in our lives was taken.

"He redeemed my soul from going down into the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light." -Job 33:28

Thanks for being a fantastic model, Cassie. You've let God use you in big ways, and He is going to keep using you more than you can even imagine. I can't wait to see how your story continues to unfold. Much love.

-Shelby

0 comments:

Post a Comment