Friday, January 18, 2013

C O U N T I N G




I have three days of break left, so I am spending all my time wrapping up odd ends and reading, because with the 17 hours I am taking, I have a feeling reading isn't going to be able to keep it's place on my high-priority list.

Currently I am reading I Wrote This for You, an anonymously-written book of free-verse poetry brought together with candid, black and white photographs. Apparently it's been on the best-seller list of poetry books for a while and I've just been living in a cave-- but it is great. Somewhat bittersweet, colloquial, but also poignant in a simple, relational way. Definitely worth buying. Here are one of the (many) verses I have loved: 

"And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling "This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!"

And each day, it's up to you, to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say "No. This is what's important."

Spending my time wisely these last few days of freedom. Break is been so good to me... But just four more months until summer! Not bad at all, in my opinion.

-Shelby

0 comments:

Post a Comment